Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Longing

On this lazy summer day, I miss my man
He who has teased me with a thousand words
And filled my longing for some intimacy in space
His kisses and carresses have warmed me through the lonely nights
when I imagine him beside me amid the oceans that bridge us
He has become close, closer to me than real
I hear him whispering sweet-nothings
to my eager ear and aching heart
bringing me back to the time when
his body bent over mine
our souls entwined

how i long to be with you again
because seeing you is all that matters
on this lazy summer day, I miss you more than ever
but all i have is the vastness of this world that divides us
and there's a chance that I won't find you
when my next mail comes

2 Comments:

Blogger rolly said...

Ah, another poet. it's nice to know I share my passion for poetry with others.
Nice poem you've got here. I also try to write poetry and am a member in a virtual university based in the States. It's called writersvillage.com. You may want to try it out. If you can also check out our exhibit for poetry month and tell me what you think, i'd appreciate very much. It's here:

http://writersvillage.com/poetry/RollyDelosSantos.htm

I am not currently active, though. Since I got a new assignment, my words ceased to be creative.

I also have a blog for my creative instincts. I call it yllor.blogspot.com

I liked the alliterations, especially in eager ear Oh, you might want to check the world that divide us I think there should be an s in divide.
I'm linking up with both your blogs, if you don't mind. Keep writing. :-)

July 30, 2004 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger ajay said...

Thanks for your comments rolly. They're well taken. Am editing my post, as a result.Have to check out writers village and your other blog. My sis is a member of poetry.com. Well am glad to write poetry once again as I haven't done so in a long time. We have to or else this world will be one barren place, devoid of song

July 30, 2004 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home